RESEARCH
Why are users not completing Assess?

OVERVIEW

As of June 9, 2014 there were 15,469 projects created using Project Accelerator. 3,204 (21%) of those projects were abandoned during the assess phase. This document will analyze and provide insights into why this is happening.

OBJECTIVE

Gain understanding of why users are not completing the Assess phase of Project. Determine additional or alternative experiences that will reduce the drop off rate fromProject Accelerator within the Assess phase

Method
1:1 interviews for 30 minutes

1:1 interviews for 30 minutes

Criteria
Have 1+ projects that have completed in Assess
Have 2+ projects that have not been completed in Assess
Dropped off the Assess phase in step 3,4,5
Is a Citrix Customers or a Citrix Partner

Have 1+ projects that have completed in Assess
Have 2+ projects that have not been completed in Assess
Dropped off the Assess phase in step 3,4,5
Is a Citrix Customers or a Citrix Partner

Reason
There were 2,622 users that had abandoned 1 project. Of those users it was very difficult to see a pattern based on the data provided as the drop off
% by location was equal as was their relationship to Project Accelerator. Of the 3,204 abandoned projects, employees and people considering Citrix products make up for 27% of the abandoned projects while Partners and Customers account for the remaining 73%.

There were 2,622 users that had abandoned 1 project. Of those users it was very difficult to see a pattern based on the data provided as the drop off
% by location was equal as was their relationship to Project Accelerator. Of the 3,204 abandoned projects, employees and people considering Citrix products make up for 27% of the abandoned projects while Partners and Customers account for the remaining 73%.

The Dropoff

Step 1

36.3% of projects were abandoned during Step 1: Define Org. My concern with researching users that abandoned their project at Define Org is, when you click the Start New Project button and enter NO data whatsoever, the tool still registers that project as an active project.

Step 3

28.3% of projects were abandoned at Step 3: Define User groups. Which says the user took the time to enter data into the first 2 steps and then abandoned their project. With the exception of Step 1, the abandonment rate is 10% higher here than anywhere else.

Steps 4 & 5

19.8% of projects were abandoned during Step 4: Define Apps. 11.7% % of projects were abandoned during Step 2: Define Project. 2.7% of projects were abandoned during Step 5: Link Apps to User groups. Over 30% of users left after entering a fair amount of data.

KEY TAKEAWAYS

  • No one verbally expressed leaving a project because it was too
  • Redundancy within Define User groups section and Define Apps section is “kind of annoying”
  • Most felt it could be simplified, but it’s not
  • Wouldn’t mind the ability to have “a template” to get started and skip through the majority of Assess

SUGGESTIONS

  • Allow users to enter all of their User groups at once, then in 1 fell swoop, fill in the fields at the same This would reduce the redundancy.
  • Allow users to enter all of their apps at once, then in 1 fell swoop, fill in the fields at the same This would reduce the redundancy.
  • Package apps together, or offer Example: MS Office
  • Offer User group templates for commonly entered based on data available from our
  • Improve clarity on how users can link User groups to
  • Offer a tour or visual explanation of Project Accelerator for First Time Users
Related Projects
sketchPattern Library